ABC Absolute Bakes & Catering
WE CAN ZOOM, SKYPE OR FACETIME ALL MEETINGS
For that special occasion or event, where a cake may be the centre-piece; ABC can design, bake, and decorate that special creation particular to your requirements.
For other baking needs, such as cupcakes, large sponge cakes and biscuits, and for those other celebrations in the office, coffee mornings and the like ABC can produce quantities and recipes to suit your requirements.
Gluten-free and other dietary requirements are readily catered for.
Cake and biscuit option
9” Large sponge cakes – 12 portions
£8.50 per cake Or 24 Cupcakes or 12 Muffins £9.50
Victoria Sandwich Variations
9” Large Sponge Cakes – 12 portions
£9.50 per cake
Coffee and walnut
Also cupcakes as above £10.50 per dozen
£8.50 per dozen
Cherry and almond scones
£7.50 per dozen
Chocolate chip shortbread
Chocolate and cherry shortbread
Apricot and white chocolate shortbread
Vanilla biscuit with apricot & white chocolate
Chocolate chip cookies
£7.50 per dozen
Banana, date, and cherry loaf
Victorian Christmas cake
Launching our “Take-away-a-dinner-party”
WE CAN ZOOM, SKYPE OR FACETIME ALL MEETINGS
Whilst lockdown has certainly been a testing period for everyone, here at ABC we know how hard it has been to be socially distanced from friends and family mentally, emotionally, and physically.
Whilst we appreciate functions and events may no longer be carried out the way they use to be, with many people being hesitant to launch themselves back into public places, we are able to offer an alternative to this.
Our new ‘take-away-a-dinner-party’ enables you to host your own meal in your garden or home, following the Government COVID -19 guidelines.
We are able to provide the food, either a buffet or main course with choice of desserts, for you to self-serve.
We deliver all the food and collect the serving crockery the next day, leaving you to host your own party within your own safe and secure bubble.
Yes, it is different, but the world has changed, after all, and so must we.
All planning and preparation is the same, and the event becomes more personal and fun for yourselves. There is no getting away from the fact it will need you, as the host to serve, but I’m sure in this new world, family and friends will always assist. The relief of getting together will add to the ease of service!
Contact us to discuss your ideas and our availability – together, we can make this happen.
Functions & Events, Dinners & Parties
More formal and larger events obviously require a greater degree of planning. ABC can work with you right from inception and planning to organisation and delivery through to final clear down.
Menu planning, theme, colour scheme, venue logistics and many other aspects would be discussed to ensure the event runs as smoothly as possible, allowing you to enjoy the event as much as your guests.
Drawing upon decades of experience managing events, large and small, ABC are able to plan and organise covering all aspects of the occasion.
Menu options for this type of event would be best written specifically for the occasion, taking into account all aspects including logistics and budget.
After a fairly detailed initial conversation, ABC would offer suggestions reflecting all aspects discussed and could then work with you through to its fruition.
Here at ABC we concentrate on catering for -
· Small, intimate and private dinners or canapé parties.
· Private dinners at client’s own venue - Food can be prepared and delivered to the venue for the client to serve.
· Special events at client’s own venue
· Special events, booked in The Tack Room @ Golding - We also have The Tack Room @ Golding available to hire for parties up to 55 people.
· ABC will purchase all the ingredients required and produce the dishes.
· Full delivery, service and staffing (as needed) will be provided; plus a full clear-down service post-event if required.
· Whether you want to plan the perfect elegant cocktail party or have a casual get-together with friends, canapés are an ideal way of providing a feast of flavour whilst allowing your guests to mingle.
· What’s so good about canapés, is that they are so versatile! Served with just drinks as a main event or before a delicious meal, there are so many ingredients to choose from and with culinary influences from all over the world, there are hundreds of combinations that can be made exclusively for your party.
· Canapés are defined in some old dictionaries as pieces of fried French bread spread with pâté – well, how they have changed! We now offer both savoury and sweet; meat, fish and vegetarian, with attention to flavour, colour and presentation that making all our canapés look and taste so delicious.
· Although a few examples feature below, ABC prefers to meet with clients to discuss their individual requirements – the proposed size of party, where and when, what the client is trying to achieve in theme and type of party – all these matter and go some way in making you the perfect host and amazing party-giver!
· We recommend approximately 6 canapés per person, either all savoury or a mixture of sweet and savoury – below is an example of the types we can produce – but here at ABC we prefer to talk to you, the client and design the canapés around your budget, tastes and favourite foods!
Bronze Option – 50p per person
Fish bites, tartare mayo dip
Welsh rarebit on soda bread (V)
Smoked mackerel pâté en croute, coriander leaf
Chicken liver pâté, melba toast
Chipolata sausages in honey and wholegrain mustard
Pork crackling stick
Goat’s cheese & sun-dried tomato tart (V)
Mini herbed scone, chutney, mature cheddar cheese
Garlic & chive cream cheese on mini herbed scone
Cucumber sandwich, minted butter (V)
Puff pastry tart – sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, Italian herbs (V)
English cheese pâté, chives, toasted soda bread (V)
Silver Option - 75p per person
Sticky chicken teri yaki on skewer, sprinkled with chopped coriander
Welsh rarebit, caramelised onion chutney, on soda bread (V)
Miniature fish goujon & chips, with tartare sauce
Sweet chilli prawns in filo baskets, dill garnish
Potted shrimps en croute
Smoked trout & cream cheese on mini herbed scones
Honey & grain mustard chipolatas in a bread cob
Turkey, cranberry sauce, puff pastry tartlets
Venison sausage, caramelised red onion chutney, toasted ciabatta
Grilled black pudding, bacon crisp, topped with apple compote
Wensleydale & cranberry, cranberry sauce en croute (V)
Blue cheese, apricot, apricot conserve, en croute (V)
Mini herbed scone, caramelised red onion chutney, Shropshire blue (V)
Goats cheese & tomato salsa tartlet (V)
Applewood, pear on caramelised onion bruschetta
Gold Option - £1.00 per person
Scampi bites, tartare mayo dip
Mushroom, tarragon and mozzarella bruschetta (V)
Prawns in a mango, lime & chilli dressing, in filo baskets, dill garnish
Prawn Marie Rose in filo case with paprika
Egg & prawn Marie Rose, fish roe on pumpernickel
Smoked salmon, cream cheese blini
Salmon pâté en croute, prawn garnish, dill (en croute will be toast piece with lemon oil)
Smoked salmon on brown bread, lemon zest
Venison sausage, autumn chutney on oatcake, coriander leaf
Miniature Yorkshire pudding, horseradish mayonnaise, roast beef, watercress leaf
Duck & orange pâté on cucumber slice, edible flower pansy
Grilled asparagus & prosciutto wrap
Chorizo sausage, mozzarella, sun-dried tomato in a filo tartlet
Chargrilled halloumi, courgette and red pepper kebab (V)
Baby tomatoes and mozzarella balls spiked on to pipettes, filled with pesto oil (V)
Goat`s cheese and cranberry sauce served in filo pastry case, chive (V)
Watermelon, strawberry & honeydew kebab (V)